Sonntag, 6. April 2008

Out of touch


After almost two years I am about to go to the University of Leipzig again. Between now and the last time lays half a year of work and a over a year long stay in Japan. It is a little bit awkward for me to be in a classroom situation again and to listen attentively to the lecturer, who is supposed to be wiser about things in life. I have the fear that I can not take that person serious anymore. Nevertheless I had my foot on the real side of life and now will have to go back to the theory about it. Generally, the time seems to have stood still for the "left behinds" here in Germany. Who says that I will get along with them anymore? This has nothing to do with arrogance, but more with the fact that my clockwork does not work with the same beat anymore. And I am not only surprised by the relationship with others - I don't recognize myself either: The old Paul meets the new one and both feel somehow alienated. A little bit schizophrenic, right?

Keine Kommentare: